SUMMER TRAVEL ESSENTIALS
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting those who support Simplicity and Coffee.
It may be the So Cal girl in me, but beach vacations are always my favorite. An excuse to relax, listen to music, read a book, and sip on something fruity while spending time doing anything or nothing with G is everything.
Since our trip to Cabo is just a few days away, I thought I'd take the time to share my summer travel essentials with you!
1) STATEMENT SUNNIES - The most obvious must-have of all! I'm OBSESSED with my Henri Bendel Broadway sunnies. They are chic, comfortable, and have been the perfect accessory all spring.
2) A LARGE TOTE + SMALL CLUTCH - A big beach bag is a must for the daytime, as is a perfect little clutch for dinner. I love my beach bag from Swim N' Sport, which I made interchangeable tassels for, and so many places have great clutches right now! I'm crushing on these few by Sam Edelman, Sole Society, and Target.
3) A GOOD BOOK - I read way too much for one book to be enough, so I take my Nook everywhere, pre-downloaded with a few options. If you're looking for a good read, I highly recommend The Night Circus, Gone with the Wind (I know, so retro), or my current obsession, the Inspector Lynley series by Elizabeth George.
4) BB CREAM - I don't wear much makeup when I'm on a beach vacation, but at night I do like to glam up just a bit. I love how light the Cover Girl BB cream feels, and how it evens out my skin tone.
5) FUN HAT - Not only does it add that glamorous "I'm busy being effortlessly fabulous" look to any outfit, it also helps keep your face out of the sun and wrinkle free! I've had this Erik Javits hat for years (since G and I were dating) and I LOVE IT. It's worth every penny.
6) CLEANSING WIPES - Nothing is nastier than getting hot, sweaty and stinky! I don't like to wear fragrance at the beach, but I do want to smell fresh! My favorites are the YES TO line. I'm currently alternating between the Cucumber and the Grapefruit.
7) SERIOUS SUNSCREEN - Yes, I still love a good tan, In fact, I usually get a base-tan before going on a beach vacay, because who wants a sunburn when you're lounging? (or ever!?). But not so much on my face. I use La Roche Posay's 60 SPF oil free sunscreen along with an SPF lip balm. I may be in my 30's, but I would like to continue to look like I'm not! For my body I layer the Neutrogena SPF 70 lotion with the 45 SPF cooling spray. Overkill? Maybe. But it's the only combo I've found that keeps me from burning, so I'll take it!
BONUS: A SWIM SUIT THAT MAKES YOU FEEL AMAZING - Even with the resurgence of the one-piece, I have to much So Cal Beach girl in me to not think "what will my tan lines look like?" when I am choosing a suit, so I tend to stick with the bandeau or triangle top bikinis. I am in love with this top and bottom by Nanette Lepore, which has such a fun, slightly boho pattern.
Tell me what some of your summer travel must-have's are below, so I can give them a try!